The ongoing COVID-19 situation has many more people working from home than ever before. Without web conferencing, many industries would be completely paralyzed during the pandemic. Apache OpenMeetings is a popular and free alternative for web conferencing software.
Powered by Apaches License 2.0, OpenMeetings is a free and open source software. It is used for online training, presenting, web conferencing, document editing, user desktop sharing, and collaborative whiteboard drawing. OpenMeeting using API functions of the Red5 Streaming Server for Remoting and Streaming.
The video call software has multiple features that make it a perfect collaborative tool, or groupware, as well.
- Facilitates four options for audio/video functions: audio + video, audio-only, video-only, and picture-only.
- Supports recording meeting sessions and downloading them as AVI/FLV files.
- Provides a screen sharing facility as well.
- Advanced file explorer and the moderating system facilitate in all meeting rooms.
- Multi-Whiteboard and Chat facility is available with a full range of tools and documents inside.
- User Management.
- Room Management and Locking.
OpenMeetings 6.0 improvements
This release provides WebRTC audio/video/screen-sharing in the Room. Other noteable changes:
- TLS1.2. is used for OAuth
- NetTest client count can be limited
- Captcha is now configurable
- Recordings can be globally disabled
- Audio/video in room is more stable
- Translations are improved
- Invitation form displayes time in client time zone
- Notifications are displayed using JS Notification API
- Video pods size can be fixed and configurable per-user
You can find detailed information about all changes in the project’s changelog.
Hello, i want to upgrade openmeetings 5.0 to 6.1.0 (the latest) but the i have no idea how to make it correctely. After reading the doc on there official website, my upgrade failed (in the browser i have https://ip_server:5443/openmeetings/notinited. Have you already done openmeetings upgrade, or thre are manuals with command relative to upgrade. Thanks, Best regard.