Whisker Menu is an alternate application launcher for Xfce. Version 2.5 was released with updated icons and refactor code for the new Xfce 4.16 desktop.
You are shown a list of applications you have marked as favorites when you open it. You can browse through all of your installed applications by clicking on the category buttons on the side.
Top-level categories make browsing fast and simple to switch between. Additionally, Whisker Menu keeps a list of the last ten applications that you’ve launched from it.
What’s new in Whisker Menu 2.5
- Add option to show all applications by default
- Rearrange sidebar buttons to match the default category
- Show panel button title as a tooltip in icon-only mode
- Always sort top-level categories
- Vertically center contents of the header
- Use new Xfce action icons
- Use new desktop ids for default programs
- Rewrite to hide menu on focus out
- Refactor code to use new Xfce functions
- Refactor building translations
- Translation updates: Bulgarian, Chinese (China), Chinese (Taiwan), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Esperanto, French, Galician, German, Italian, Korean, Lithuanian, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazil), Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
Installing Whisker Menu 2.5
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gottcode/gcp sudo apt update sudo apt install xfce4-whiskermenu-plugin
echo 'deb http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/gottcode/Debian_10/ /' | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/home:gottcode.list curl -fsSL https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:gottcode/Debian_10/Release.key | gpg --dearmor | sudo tee /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/home_gottcode.gpg > /dev/null sudo apt update sudo apt install xfce4-whiskermenu-plugin