nnn (n³) is a full-featured terminal file manager which provides a text-based user interface to provide file managing functionalities. It’s tiny and nearly 0-config with an incredible performance.
Above all, nnn is a fast, lightweight command line file manager that works seamlessly with desktop environments and GUI utilities. Besides file manager features (with tabs/workspaces, bookmarks, search, and so on), the tool also includes some other utilities, like a disk usage analyzer and a fuzzy application launcher.
The file manager was created to run on low-power devices, such as Raspberry Pi or Termux, so its size and memory footprint are a priority. The developer Arun Prakash forked it from another project called noice.
What is new in nnn v3.4 “Emilia”
- Icons with icon-specific colors
NNN_COLORSwith xterm 256 colors support
- New colorscheme with
NNN_FCOLORS(file type specific colors)
-Cto force earlier colorscheme (dirs follow context color)
- Updates for Haiku
- Show status bar indicator
Hwhen hidden files are listed
- Fix XFS navigation issue
- Optimize archive extension matching on file open
- Show location in context color
host[:dir]format for remote mounts
- Clear selection after copy
- Support traversal on file/dir creation
- Show selection in reverse in status bar
- Show and confirm archive command output
- Support cd on quit in picker mode
Install nnn console file manager
To download the latest version, visits the nnn releases page. It includes packages for Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, Arch Linux and CentOS.