KPhotoAlbum is an open-source image viewer and organizer for Linux systems. The new 5.7.0 version is a maintenance release with many code cleanups and bug fixes.
Suppose you have hundreds or even thousands of images on your hard drive. In that case, it becomes impossible to remember the story behind every image or the names of the persons photographed.
KPhotoAlbum was created to help you describe your photos and search for the big pictures quickly and efficiently.
With KPhotoAlbum, it is possible to find any image in less than 5 seconds based on a powerful tag system, whether with a particular person, an image from a special place, or even both.
What’s New in KPhotoAlbum 5.7.0
- Custom color schemes: Above all, the team behind KPhotoAlbum added support for custom color schemes. KPhotoAlbum 5.7.0 now also has a “Dark Mode”
- Image search: Now offer experimental options for image search tuning.
- Thumbnails: Added the new CLI utility kpa-thumbnailtool to manage KPA’s cache. The cache now also contains the thumbnail size. Please notice that after the thumbnail cache was converted to the new format, older versions of KPhotoAlbum can no longer read it.
- Privacy lock: The fake password protection has been removed from the privacy lock. Even the warning message might give somebody a false sense of security.
- HTML export: HTML export themes missing a name are no longer displayed.
Of course, there are a lot of bug fixes. The complete list of changes and fixes in KPhotoAlbum 5.7.0 is listed in the changelog.