Nextcloud Hub 22 introduces approval workflows, integrated knowledge management, and decentralized group administration.
Nextcloud is an open source software package for organizations and individuals who want to host their own secure cloud services. When on January 17, 2020, Nextcloud version 18 was announced, its name was changed to Nextcloud Hub.
With Nextcloud Hub you can share and collaborate on documents, send and receive email, manage your calendar and have video chats without data leaks. As fully on-premises solution, it provides the benefits of online collaboration without the compliance and security risks.
Keep in mind that Nextcloud Hub 22 is compatible with the latest PHP 8 but drops compatibility with PHP 7.2.
Nextcloud Hub integrates three key products:
- Nextcloud Files offers universal file access on desktop, mobile and web. Find files with powerful search, share your thoughts in comments or lock files until you are done with them.
- Nextcloud Talk delivers on-premises, private audio/video conferencing and text chat through browser and mobile interfaces with integrated screen sharing and SIP integration.
- Nextcloud Groupware integrates Calendar, Contacts, Mail and other productivity features to help teams get their work done faster, easier and on your terms.
What’s New in Nextcloud Hub 22
The last year has demanded an acceleration of digitalization in organizations. Nextcloud has aligned its roadmap to the reality of new work in modern organizations, delivering the capabilities needed for the paperless office. With optimized workflows and more effective self-management for teams, Nextcloud Hub 22 will further facilitate remote work and global collaboration for teams.Frank Karlitschek, CEO at Nextcloud GmbH
The biggest improvements Nextcloud Hub 22 introduces are:
- User-defined groups with Circles that makes it easier to manage teams where you can share files or assign tasks to circles, or create chat rooms for a circle.
- Integrated chat and task management where you can simply share a deck card into a chat room or turn a chat message into a task.
- Easy approval workflow, where an administrator can define a new approval flow in the settings and users can, on a document, request approval.
- Getting your document signatures easy with integrated PDF signing with DocuSign, EIDEasy, and LibreSign.
- Groupware improvements bringing a trash bin feature in Calendar and more. Nextcloud Mail features improved threading, email tagging, and support for Sieve filtering.\
In addition, Nextcloud Hub 22 introduces knowledge management in the form of an app named Collectives. Collectives enables users to share a set of handbooks with each other. The app is closely tied with the newly integrated custom group feature in Nextcloud 22, Circles, and builds on Nextcloud Text.
Last but not least, Nextcloud Hub 22 include notifications in the app navigation, ability to restore deleted calendar events, a series of security hardenings, integrated zip file compression in the Files interface and significant performance improvements to universal search.
For more information you can visit the project’s website.